Our teachers meet rigorous hiring standards, bring an unmatched commitment and passion to their work (both inside and outside the classroom) and strive to be role models for their students. For most of our teachers and principals, working in a Catholic school is a vocation – not a job. The ability to follow in the steps of Christ while guiding the minds and souls of children supports why teaching at a Catholic school is a vocation.
- Our teachers average 10 years of teaching experience
- 67% of our high school teachers have advanced degrees
- 54% of our elementary teachers have advanced degrees
- The overall majority of our teachers are certified in the state of Massachusetts (or the equivalent)
- A substantial number of our teachers spend their entire career in Catholic education!
We have partnerships with Boston College, Stonehill College, Bridgewater State University and other institutions to provide ongoing professional development for our teachers. In addition, we work with Providence College to encourage recent graduates to contribute two years of service as teachers in our schools.